South Coast Cougars
Welcome back to SCC!

You are visiting as a guest, please Log In, or Register to access the site!

Remember, never share your password with anyone, and if you are using a shared computer, please do not check the "Remember Password" box.

Thanks,

SCC Tech & Admin Team
South Coast Cougars
Welcome back to SCC!

You are visiting as a guest, please Log In, or Register to access the site!

Remember, never share your password with anyone, and if you are using a shared computer, please do not check the "Remember Password" box.

Thanks,

SCC Tech & Admin Team
South Coast Cougars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to southcoastcougars.com the home for all cougar owners
Dont forget guys to log in to the live chat box from time to time , its the quickest way to get info on your car and make new friends while your there . Its at the very bottom of the forum index page , just log in and chat away .
If you want to make a direct link with any of your club mates simply go to your profile page at the top of the forum , click on the friends and foe's link and then start typing in your friends names and send a request to them . This will give you more options on making contact with people .
If you need any tips or advise on your car or smooth use of the club forum please contact any of the admin team and they will be more than happy to advise you
If you feel you have a suggestion to help improve the way the forum / club can be run or used please feel free to post your ideas . Either pm the admin or post in the suggestions section
Don't forget SCC is the only real FREE Cougar forum on the Web
Please note that the Brooklands club meet has been cancelled..... Please read relevant posts for more info.

jack and Ewan toot too much

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Go down 
+33
loucoo
captincaveman
Topfish
frosty2.0
REBEL
jacmum
Carpfisher
Muzntgrumble
CougarDriver666
mike matlock
wightwizard
droidgordie42
Kracken
tiff
MacRC2
prlowry
silentstu
RedCougar
Pazza
bytespc
cougarbob
Jacqui
Relfski
shikarnij
WildV6
wilko27
Didz
calamity jane
Ricardo
lottysvdub
Stribo
SilverSurfer
Nick1963
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

Number of posts : 1527
Registration date : 2009-03-14

INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:38 am

Welcome to SCC Paul I look forward to seeing pics and I hope you enjoy the forum fella  Thumbs Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Nick1963
Admin
Admin
Nick1963

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Hi Paul and welcome to SCC
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

Number of posts : 1558
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 11:56 am

This is a re-introduction.

Username RICARDO AKA Rick and I have the SCC t-shirt to prove it.

After what seems like forever I am or will be back behind the wheel of a COUGAR and a FROSTY one at that. Deposit paid this a.m, it's to be MOT'd and have the near side door pins replaced.

It's the best Friday 13th ever!!!
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 12:06 pm

Rick excellent stuff another frosty eh c1 or a c2 ? Welcome back to the world of Cougar ownership fella and regards to the lovely Steph  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 1:13 pm

Hi ya Tony, it's a C1 my friend with 70000 genuine miles and a full FORD service history, spent its lif in Kent with 2 owners, one in Faversham and the other in Maidstone. It's a good standard car with a few cosmetic glitches which need some attention, usual stuff a few door dings and scratches but nothing too severe. Am looking forward to getting my hands on her so I can make it my own.

Hope all is well with you mate?
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Nice Low mileage Rick enjoy mate I am sure you will personalise it with a few subtle mods in time  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:16 am

I'm already scouring the internet Tony, can't wait to get started but much driving to be done first LOL GRRRR!
Back to top Go down
Nick1963
Admin
Admin
Nick1963

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 9:26 pm

Should of got a C2 this time Rick and it should of been GREEEEEEEEN  Very Funny 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 10:33 am

LOL, here we go, it was only a matter of time before the colour thing and C1 vs C2 kicked off  Laughing 

Nick, I would have taken any Cougar, colour etc in the right condition, all I wanted was a V6 cause I love the sound and manual they were my only requirements.  I did look at a couple of C2's but no where near the condition of yours of Tiff's.  I'm just glad to have found one in reasonable condition mate.
Back to top Go down
cougarbob
Founding member
Founding member
cougarbob

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 6:55 pm

Welcome back Rick,

I wondered how long it would take you to get a Cougar,

Can't remember what part's you gave me a while back, but your more than welcome to them as I don't think I've used them.
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks Bob, I may need an assist on a few things in the future as you're a bit of a dab hand where Cougars are concerned. I'll pay for your services of course, never one to take the pee. I'd like to meet up at some point in the not too distant future if that's OK.

Hope you are on the mend mate after your very serious op! I'm having all sorts of probs this year but hopefully things will settle down in due course.
Back to top Go down
Nick1963
Admin
Admin
Nick1963

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 4:39 pm

Ricardo wrote:
LOL, here we go, it was only a matter of time before the colour thing and C1 vs C2 kicked off  Laughing 

Nick, I would have taken any Cougar, colour etc in the right condition, all I wanted was a V6 cause I love the sound and manual they were my only requirements.  I did look at a couple of C2's but no where near the condition of yours of Tiff's.  I'm just glad to have found one in reasonable condition mate.

I think I'm the only C2 left on here Rick. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Tiff sold his absolutely mint C2 a while back and believe me mine's no where near as nice  No 
I'm just pleased to see you back mate no matter what variation you've got  Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Bob has a ebony c2 I had one but outed it and no it didn't get broken for parts as most C2s seem to as there worth more in parts  Aaarrgh 
Back to top Go down
cougarbob
Founding member
Founding member
cougarbob

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 8:16 pm

Ricardo wrote:
Thanks Bob, I may need an assist on a few things in the future as you're a bit of a dab hand where Cougars are concerned. I'll pay for your services of course, never one to take the pee.  I'd like to meet up at some point in the not too distant future if that's OK.

Hope you are on the mend mate after your very serious op!  I'm having all sorts of probs this year but hopefully things will settle down in due course.

Hi Rick,

Don't know about being a dab hand with the Cougar mate, but willing to help if you need it,
Where as your a dab hand with a bit of polishing,
Mine needs a bit of a polish  Smile 

as I mentioned we have our first breakfast meet at Rykers this Sunday, or still after Rykers back at mine or yours if you want.

I'm doing good mate, Op went well & I didn't have any problems after,
is it still your back your having problems with ??
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2014 10:09 pm

I would of thought there'd be more C2's around Nick not less, bloody shame.

Bob, still waiting for yet another scan, a different one apparently with dye added to show the worst affected areas, then inject the site and if that doesn't work it's fusing the bones which at my age I probably won't go for as the risks are pretty high.
Back to top Go down
cougarbob
Founding member
Founding member
cougarbob

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 7:40 am

Ricardo wrote:
I would of thought there'd be more C2's around Nick not less, bloody shame.

Bob, still waiting for yet another scan, a different one apparently with dye added to show the worst affected areas, then inject the site and if that doesn't work it's fusing the bones which at my age I probably won't go for as the risks are pretty high.

What do you mean,...... your to young..... Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 8:44 am

Recovery after your 40 is pretty slim, I've put up with it for 30 years because of wrong diagnosis so I'll just have to grin and bare it if the injections don't work.
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 9:11 am

What's wrong Rick pm me fella  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Rocking Cat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:26 am

Hi All,

My name is John, 43, single parent of two teenage boys......enough said!! lol. Boys are ok really, although have noticed my hair is going white quicker than the Cougars can shift....lol.

I like paranormal, old black and white horror films and as to music, I like music dating from 30's-80's, mainly anything which has an upright in it sounds good to me, upright, of course being a double bass but rockabilly/psychobilly are more my style.

Saying that, I do like Gothic and Marilyn Manson. Double bass, through sub in car is stunning.... probably guessed I suffer from OCD for double bass......lol... I have a 3/4 one which takes up room in the house.

I have 2 rabbits, 2 gerbils, 1 cat, 4 tarantula and 1 giant plated lizard.... and they all have names.... no more animals need apply!!!

I have 2 Cougars...... sort of. I am sort of not impressed at moment......lol.

Cougar 1 - Carrie, standard, 'Blurple' (love that name). I have owned her for 2 years and until end of June, been the perfect car. However, end June, I fuelled it up, drove onto the road and..... wait for it.... got stuck in traffic at level crossing...... noticed temp gauge do quick sprint to danger!!! Shut engine off and decided to have it recovered.

It has apparently blown head gasket on right bank and broke timing chain, although not convinced about chain. So, not kinda impressed but as say, 2 years no problems. Waiting for friend to return from holiday as he dabbles with cars.

Cougar 2 - Courtney, standard, 'Blurple'......... not impressed by this cat either. Parents bought it for my birthday as replacement for Carrie first week of July. I say it's standard but does sport twin exhausts but not very throaty sound, not much better than standard pipe.

Has been a very quick car and handles like it is on rails, seems far superior to Carrie. Had it parked in local supermarket and was told by an elderly gentleman, I had a facelift. I looked in mirror but could not see anything different about me and was about to poke him in the eye, when he explained that Courtney is a facelift. Personally, I think he was bit strange.

Had strange day yesterday with her, starting in the morning. I powered around the usual corner going uphill from where I live, when traction control light flashes and front end slides....... not good I hear you cry!!!!

I pulled in, checked her over and off I went, slight loss of confidence but all back to normal and thought no more about it. Took her for cruise down to St Ives last night, heading home, music on and suddenly, car starts jerking/misfire? It cleared and seemed ok.

Parked up outside mine where it is pitch black, locked her and about walk away when I could smell burning. A torch revealed smoke from under bonnet. Gingerly, I opened it and found oil burning off on the exhaust. A quick look under the car revealed oil sprayed absolutely everywhere.

Going out to have a look at her soon but have this bad dread creeping over me. Will keep you posted.

So, there is an end to my introduction, which has made you all doze off.....lol. Wakey Wakey everyone, time to rock this joint, rock this club and bring it to life. If the club dies, all owners who have knowledge of these gorgeous cats, will no longer be able to help newbies (like myself) and other Cougar owners, and that would be totally unacceptable.

So come on everyone, join in. I have to say, first time I have ever done this and I am nervous and don't even know why!!!!!

Long live the growling cats.....dare I say, I include the Puma in that.

Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 11:42 am

Hi John and welcome to SCC. Boy you have been really unlucky with mechanical issues they are normally pretty bullet proof but known to blow head gaskets normally just replacing worn out steering and suspension parts including the dreaded wishbones.Thank you for taking time out to introduce yourself and please keep us updated on your Cats let's hope it's a quick and cheap fix John. Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:14 pm

Hi John, as Tony has just pointed out you had your share of bad luck mate. I had my last Cougar eight years and didn't miss a beat, the best car I have owned to date. I had to let her go as my daughter had moved away and the wife was pining and winging as was my daughter about a lack of visit so I purchased a diesel for the fortnightly trips, needless to say the novelty soon wore off and a problem with my back restricted my driving. However I'm now back behind the wheel of a Cougar and just love driving her. Good luck with the fixes mate!
Back to top Go down
Rocking Cat

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Tony & Ricardo,

Many thanks for the welcome.

I know they are bullet proof, I guess that is why I am bit annoyed to say the least. I had 2.5 v6 Probes before the Cougar and they were definitely bullet proof, Mazda engine.

Have to be philosophical about these things.....lol. Although not impressed, I still will not give up on the Cougar, love them to much. It is a learning curve, and hopefully by being a member, I will gain lots more knowledge of a beautiful car and some good friends.

Still not gone outside to look at her. I best do it, putting it off is not achieving anything....... coffee first, I think!! Or should it be something stronger....... Laughing 

As for your back, sorry to hear that. I knackered mine many moons ago after coming off a bike..... right shoulder and upper back can be agony at times, I find the Cougar seats to be very supportive and comfortable. I can drive long distance with no problems. It would have been better if seats had the lumber/side supports of the probe driver seat, press buttons and totally supported, fantastic around corners.... Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:42 pm

I'm intrigued by a blurple C2 John can you post some pics up when you got a bit of time fella reason I ask it could be a very rare beast indeed the C2 is a update from the C1 main changes were front bumper and headlights interior seating and steering wheel plus the engine size was slightly smaller but giving out the same output the only colours on this variant were ebony black amazon green and silver frost for the uk but a few Cougars are known that were destined for Australia that made here by mistake.
Back to top Go down
Topfish
Frequent poster
Frequent poster
Topfish

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-06-12

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi john and welcome to the club I have to say you've been unlucky as the cougars reputation as bulletproof is well deserved I have have several with alternators being the weak point for me lots of advice to be had from the members here and hopefully we can help get your cat sorted out
As tony said if you have a c2 blue cougar it's a bit of a holy grail lets see the pics Thumbs 
If you want more rasp from the exhaust remove the front silencer and maybe a decat  Thumbs 
Roy
Back to top Go down
Rocking Cat

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi,

I have been over to friends garage. Carrie is dead, no compression but at least I was right about timing chain...lol. Carrie is going to become a donor car for awhile. My friend is storing it for me.

As to Courtney, she has developed oil leak at bottom of engine, can't remember what gasket but he said it is common. She is going in on Monday to have full service and rectify the leak.

We also found, the previous owner has put wrong oil in it as there was a container in the back. Apparently, oil is to thin when cold and when hot, very, very thin....... oil change, flush and filter change.

Fingers crossed that she is going to be ok. Think reason car slid yesterday was due to oil spraying everywhere...... At least friend has own business so she will be in safe hands.

As to the exhaust, she has twin Janspeed which have been made quieter/restricted.... friend suggested massive oval centre pipe. The idea grows on me by the minute..... Very Happy Very Happy 

I checked rear sub-frame as I read on here that they can be an issue. It is in pretty good nick but may take sub-frame off Carrie and keep it spare along with wish bones.......

Dad has a big garage so at least can store pieces. I expect he will moan....... does not understand why I love Cougar...... he has a Triumph Spitfire Mark 1 in garage. It has been stored since 1984, alongside side his beloved Capri. Both start and run like a dream. HE will never part with Capri, which is same as Cougar and me. His view is 'It's not family car'.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Coast Cougars :: Admin :: New Members-
Jump to: