South Coast Cougars
Welcome back to SCC!

You are visiting as a guest, please Log In, or Register to access the site!

Remember, never share your password with anyone, and if you are using a shared computer, please do not check the "Remember Password" box.

Thanks,

SCC Tech & Admin Team
South Coast Cougars
Welcome back to SCC!

You are visiting as a guest, please Log In, or Register to access the site!

Remember, never share your password with anyone, and if you are using a shared computer, please do not check the "Remember Password" box.

Thanks,

SCC Tech & Admin Team
South Coast Cougars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to southcoastcougars.com the home for all cougar owners
Dont forget guys to log in to the live chat box from time to time , its the quickest way to get info on your car and make new friends while your there . Its at the very bottom of the forum index page , just log in and chat away .
If you want to make a direct link with any of your club mates simply go to your profile page at the top of the forum , click on the friends and foe's link and then start typing in your friends names and send a request to them . This will give you more options on making contact with people .
If you need any tips or advise on your car or smooth use of the club forum please contact any of the admin team and they will be more than happy to advise you
If you feel you have a suggestion to help improve the way the forum / club can be run or used please feel free to post your ideas . Either pm the admin or post in the suggestions section
Don't forget SCC is the only real FREE Cougar forum on the Web
Please note that the Brooklands club meet has been cancelled..... Please read relevant posts for more info.

jack and Ewan toot too much

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Go down 
+33
loucoo
captincaveman
Topfish
frosty2.0
REBEL
jacmum
Carpfisher
Muzntgrumble
CougarDriver666
mike matlock
wightwizard
droidgordie42
Kracken
tiff
MacRC2
prlowry
silentstu
RedCougar
Pazza
bytespc
cougarbob
Jacqui
Relfski
shikarnij
WildV6
wilko27
Didz
calamity jane
Ricardo
lottysvdub
Stribo
SilverSurfer
Nick1963
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

Number of posts : 1527
Registration date : 2009-03-14

INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Sorry to hear about Carrie John and Courtney isn't to serious the Cougar is very oil sensitive personally I only use Ford oils for that very reason the Formula E semi synthetic is no longer available but replaced by Formula F fully synthetic if your replacing the plugs when she has a service this to is important that you use either Ford plugs most owners swear by I personally use Denso iridium IT16 plugs though expensive they will last 5 years and if you shop around you will get them cheaper the Cougar is rather like a woman very fussy lol
Back to top Go down
Nick1963
Admin
Admin
Nick1963

Number of posts : 1702
Registration date : 2009-08-18

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi John and a very friendly welcome ro SCC mate  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
cougarbob
Founding member
Founding member
cougarbob

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm

Welcome to the Forum John,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Cougars mate

Lets hope once your mate has sorted the oil leak is runs like a dream
Back to top Go down
lottysvdub
Forum founder
Forum founder
lottysvdub

Number of posts : 2802
Registration date : 2009-01-30

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

1st of all I would like to say Thank you John for taking the time to post up about yourself ....
You sound like you have got a full on life style which is good and also you have the right colour Cougar  Thumbs 
You will find us a friendly group ... No little groups ignoring new members .... So welcome to the SCC family and hope to see you at a club meet sometime  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
http://www.southcoastcougars.com
Rocking Cat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:38 am

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for warm welcome from all of you, talking of warm, it is that outside today, scorching!! Had thunderstorms yesterday.

I have been going through service history and bills/receipts for Courtney, never seems to have had serious problem with it. Mileage seems to tie in with paperwork.....88,000 miles on clock. I know certain bills/receipts could be missing.

New plugs went into her March 2013. Halfords plugs, maybe?....... Also noticed that at some stage, it was serviced using Castrol Magnetec and then last owner has been using cheap oil....... my friend think this may explain the oil leak. Roll on Monday when she gets a good going over.

I do have another question, alarm related. Should my alarm randomly beep every now and again for no reason? And while I was closing tailgate, I had to try 4 times to close it, not closing it hard enough and the alarmed beeped 3 times I did this. Is this normal? The alarm on Carrie was knackered so cannot compare.

Going to get rid of space-saver wheel and replace with a proper wheel. No children from later today, so a complete weekend to give her some TLC inside and outside.

I have noticed she has new sunroof kit fitted, which is good, as on Carrie she had little plastic bits on her and some broke up leaving sunroof in a semi tilt situation. That was job on list before the engine decided to give up. New roof has metal bits so hopefully that will not happen again in hurry.

I hope you are all well and enjoying the weather.

Back to top Go down
Jacqui
Founding member
Founding member
Jacqui

Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:44 pm

Welcome to SCC Rocking Cat welcome  (would your name be anything to do with the 50s?).

I'm of no use with engine problems (the guys are all great at that) but I can answer one thing - your dad said the Cougar isn't a family car? Well, it can seat 4 very well (even better if the 2 in the back are small) and with the size of her boot you can easily fit in a pushchair & a weekly shop!  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Hi John sounds like a door sensor there is a sequential test I'm sure it's on the site somewhere if you can't locate it I will search over the weekend fella  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

Number of posts : 1558
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 2:18 pm

As Jacqui has pointed out, I found the Cougar to offer the best all round package, style, performance and practicality. I even used mine to hump tools and materials about back in the day whilst in the building game, have had amps, speakers and guitars even a drum kit in the boot and used for many years as a family car, great for holidays, loading up the boot with your luggage whilst comfortably heading off to the airport. Oh the memories! LOL
The rear seats are cleverly designed and will take an average sized adult comfortably, maybe not so easy to get in and out if in the rear but once your there it's a great place to be.
Back to top Go down
Rocking Cat

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-07-22

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for welcome. Dad always been like that. As both my lads are tall, it's case of leg room but I think they moan to much anyway!!! It is ok when I am taxi service and personal bank to them.... Aaarrgh

I do like 50's, 60's etc but explained in introduction. You are definitely right about shopping etc but get the feeling my double bass will not fit..... lol! 

Cougar does have a fantastic boot. Carrie, my last one, had sub and amps, still had room for shopping. I like the space but also having the look and power...... Happy 

Now have quiet children free weekend, I can go through this site and read..... will see if can find sequential test for alarm but if not, a pointer will be useful.

I will also try upload pictures onto photo-bucket over weekend and try to link them to here. But I think first, a cold can of lager, catching rays in garden for an hour....... sunny 

I am really happy I found this site, it is nice when a newbie is accepted and when people are willing to chat and help, after all, that is why we are all here. I hope when things are bit settled down here that I will be able to cruise to one of the meets and put names to faces, to Cougars..... I look forward to it.

Back to top Go down
Ricardo
Admin
Admin
Ricardo

Number of posts : 1558
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Push her if necessary John, nothing like meeting up with new and existing members. I love the SCC meets, so much friendlier and less bravado than a lot of other clubs. Look forward to meeting you in the flesh mate and seeing your Cougar. Have a productive weekend mate and take care.
Back to top Go down
Jacqui
Founding member
Founding member
Jacqui

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:41 pm

Rocking Cat wrote:
Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for welcome. Dad always been like that. As both my lads are tall, it's case of leg room but I think they moan to much anyway!!! It is ok when I am taxi service and personal bank to them.... Aaarrgh

I do like 50's, 60's etc but explained in introduction. You are definitely right about shopping etc but get the feeling my double bass will not fit..... lol! 

Ops, sorry I didn't read that Embarassed I'm very into 50s myself (got Johnny Burnette in the CD at the mo), I could totally embarrass myself & post a pic of me in 1980 to prove it.  Laughing 

Are you sure your double bass wouldn't fit, even with the seats down? We've had some huge bits & pieces in Cougars over the years.  Very Happy 

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:52 pm

The back of the Cougar is tardis like you wouldn't expect a boot that size on a sports coupe I can get my fishing gear even for overnighters with ease  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 6:59 pm

John look in Workshop Submissions then click on Alarm self test one of Ian's brilliant how to posts  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
lottysvdub
Forum founder
Forum founder
lottysvdub

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Or just click the link below  Thumbs 

http://www.southcoastcougars.com/t13-self-test-on-alarm
Back to top Go down
rik.margetts
rik.margetts

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2014-08-02

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 am

Good morning all,

I am Rik and I am very new here, having just purchased my first Cougar. And in fact my first ever Ford. Mine is a 2000 (W reg) 2.5 V6 with a few engine mods and Cherry Bomb back box. Sounds amazing  Very Happy 

Fuel consumption is not as good as my Renault Laguna 2.0dci 175GT (45-50mpg), I only get about 25ish mpg from the Cougar. I originally got the Cougar as a temporary car whilst the Laguna is off the road and was going to sell it once I get the Laguna repaired, however I have now decided that I shall keep both and make the Cougar my project car once the Laguna is fixed (any help with the Laguna would be gratefully received). My plans for the Cougar are mainly performance mods, to make it faster than the Laguna, handling upgrades and a full body respray.

Thanks

Rik
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:30 am

Welcome to SCC Rik what sort of performance and handling mods are you looking at ?
Back to top Go down
rik.margetts
rik.margetts

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 am

Not really sure to be honest, I know it already has some. Various ST200 items under the bonnet and a K&N air filter. Want to duct cold air on to the air filter so it isn't sucking in the hot air from the engine bay. I need more power!! My Laguna pushes out 225bhp and about 400lb of torque, I know I won't get close to the torque figure on the Cougar but would like to hit 250bhp. Handling wise, maybe coil overs and strut braces front and rear and 17 inch wheels instead of the 16 inchers to reduce tyre side wall flex on cornering. I am not familiar with the Cougar at all or really any Ford. I just know that the 2.5 V6 engine is a solid engine. The car is mechanically sound and a bit worn on the exterior, so would like to de-badge the Ford blue ovals and if possible get the Cougar logos to replace the blue oval with, a matt black mesh front grill and maybe some other very subtle exterior mods. Inside the front seats are not as body hugging as I would like so maybe replace them with Black leather ST electric seats.

However saying that I am very open to suggestions and advice Smile Any mods will take place once the Laguna is fixed as I need at least 1 working car lol. Currently the Cougar is it Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacqui
Founding member
Founding member
Jacqui

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 2:41 pm

Welcome to SCC  welcome 

I can't help with what to do with your engine (others here know what they're doing, I don't) but as for the strut braces, if you contact Didz on here he'll give you a great price on them - he makes them himself, he's highly recommended.  Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Engine mods normally st200 tb air box and uim and lim or st220 tb the later cats had the same lim as the st200 very late 99 onwards check your build date using Ford Etis if your unable to use it put up your reg number or prefably your vin number and I will look for you Rik as you probably know the Cougar was assembled in The USA and then shipped to Germany for the Ford badging etc before coming to the UK.
Back to top Go down
Topfish
Frequent poster
Frequent poster
Topfish

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-06-12

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 3:20 pm

Good you've found your way here mate  Thumbs 
And I am glad my car has gone to a good home  Thumbs we are a small friendly
Club and hopefully there will be a local meet soon
As you know most of the st mods have been done to the car and she sure makes a nice noise  Very Happy 
My understanding is that mondeo st seats sit very high and requir extensive modification to fit
Others here will know but if you can find a mk 2 cougar being broken the seats are uprated and more supportive   I was considering aftermarket bucket seats for weight saving and support cougar seats weigh a ton
Back to top Go down
rik.margetts
rik.margetts

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:08 pm

Never thought I could fall in love with a Ford lol.. but the Cougar has captured my attention fully and I do enjoy it a lot. It isn't as refined, as fast or quick as my Laguna. Having said that the Laguna is a big 5 door family hatch back and the Cougar is a fun, loud and entertaining 2 door coupe, so therefore my toy. I had no idea that they were made in the USA. Mine does have an annoying squeak coming from over my left shoulder over bumps, sounds like it could be the rear strut or shocks or something completely different altogether, probably just need greasing/oiling or tightening as the handling is fine and the car does not favour that corner in anyway.

For the purchase of mesh front grills and Cougar badging for the mesh to replace the Ford Ovals, where is the best place?
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:16 pm

To replace the ford ovals most have gone for the U.S grille check out ebay or Fordpartsuk or ask Al i know he's done self adhesive oval decals with a Cougar head in different colours
Back to top Go down
Carpfisher
Admin
Admin
Carpfisher

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:18 pm

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_cougar_grille__usspec_up_to_102000_f_F8RZ8200AA_c_51.htm
Back to top Go down
cougarbob
Founding member
Founding member
cougarbob

Number of posts : 1227
Registration date : 2011-04-20

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Rik,
Welcome to the forum mate,
by the way, the ST seats don't fold forward so they wont work in the Cougar.
think the others have put you in the right direction for the other bits.
Back to top Go down
lottysvdub
Forum founder
Forum founder
lottysvdub

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 7:20 pm

Hi Rik
And welcome to the club .
Your figure of 250 bhp is going to be hard to reach without a bucket load of cash .... That I can tell you  What a Face 
A few have tried with a st220 and then played to get more .... Struggling to reach much more to be honest .
I have a brand new ST200 engine which is massively modded with different pistons , cams , heads etc . It has cost me probably not far off 5k ... On the test bed at a friends engine centre it's pushing just over 300 bhp at the flywheel . So quite a bit less at the wheels if I ever get around to fitting it .
Regarding coil overs ... There cool but over rated in my opinion  What a Face 
Sorry not trying to be negative towards your car at all just trying to be realistic  What a Face 
There's lots you can do to them and they are fantastic cars that are getting quite rare on the roads .
Really pleased you found us .... Maybe post some pictures up of your car and maybe see you at a club meet when we finally get one organised lol.
Oh and what's wrong with your Laguna .... I have been known to know a little bit about cars  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF   INTRODUCE YOURSELF - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INTRODUCE YOURSELF
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Coast Cougars :: Admin :: New Members-
Jump to: